Thursday, February 5, 2009

They're gonna fire me!

Well I finally got my head above water, so now that I’ve dried off I reckon I’ll update my blog. The last couple of weeks I’ve been bogged down with homework and I apologize to the die-hard followers of this blog. I know you’ve just been aching for an update.

First off, have you checked out the new Student Services Center?! It’s amazing! Me and some friends happened to wander over for a few games of pool and foosball and we were impressed. I’ve heard nothing but great things from everyone who has been over there. If you haven’t already… go check it out!

This past week I’ve been working on an assignment for my Capstone class taught by the intelligent, handsome, and ever-well-spoken Dr. Boyd (he was upset that I hadn’t mentioned him yet.) The assignment was to find an actual job posting and create a resume and cover letter that you would use to apply for the position. I mentioned it last time, but it never hurts to repeat. If you need any help with your resume just visit Kimberly Lopez at that amazing new Student Services Center. You can make an appointment by calling Career Services at 343-7864 or just shoot’em an email at careerservices@rsu.edu. They’ll help polish your resume and hone your interview skills. You can also apply for jobs at www.collegecentral.com/rsu. It’s not too early to start looking.

By the way, please direct all your letters to my professors. Simply ask them to excuse me from any homework so that I can focus on my writing. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Since I am a double major, should I do two capstones in one semester or break them up in two different semesters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will want to talk to your advisor(s) about this. They can give you an idea of what will be required for each capstone, how it will fit with your other courses, time committed for each one, etc.

    ReplyDelete